We are pleased to announce the 9th annual competition for the best research papers using the IPUMS microdata collection. Papers or publications submitted should utilize IPUMS-USA, IPUMS-CPS, IPUMS-International, NAPP, or IHIS to study social, economic, and/or demographic processes. We are looking particularly for papers that use innovative approaches, comparative analyses, interesting variables, or multiple IPUMS datasets.
Cash prizes will be awarded in two categories:
- Best published work
- Best work by a graduate student (published or unpublished)
The deadline for submitting papers or publications is Monday, February 13, 2017. To nominate a paper for an award (self-nominations are welcome), please e-mail a PDF of the paper to email@example.com with the subject line “IPUMS Research Award Submission.” In order to be considered for a cash prize, all emails must contain the following information:
- Corresponding Author’s Name
- Corresponding Author’s E-mail Address
- Corresponding Author’s Institution
- Full Title, or Citation if published
- The IPUMS dataset(s) used for the research
- Is the corresponding author a graduate student?
- If not a student, what year paper published (and if online or print)
- Where is IPUMS mentioned/cited in the paper? Note: Please do not submit if IPUMS is not cited
- Your Name (If not the author)
You can find a list of our previous IPUMS Research Award winners for reference.